Authorities in California went ahead and rescued a man who was found trapped in a restaurant’s grease vent for almost 2 days.
Sheriffs and firefighters in Alameda County of California, got a call from a citizen who claimed that he heard a voice calling for help from a vacant Chinese food restaurant.
After locating the voice to a roof vent on top of the restaurant, authorities were able to find a 29-year-old man who was trapped in a sheet metal grease duct, completely covered in grease and oil.
The man had been inside for 2 days, the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office told.
Firefighters pulled the man out of the duct after about 1 hour and rushed him to a local hospital for dehydration.
“It is likely he would not have been able to survive another day looking at the circumstances,” told the sheriff’s office in a statement. “The suspect is likely to make a full recovery.”
Authorities are investigating the incident. The sheriff’s office told that they still do not know whether the man was intending to commit a burglary.