Business

Metal found in toddler’s intestines after taking gummy vitamins, mother says

TAMPA, Fla. – – A mother from Kansas says that metal made its way into the intestines of her daughter after the child was given a multivitamin, New Day Live reports.

Samantha Anderson told that her family has been using Zarbee’s Naturals Vitamins from many years.  But one day, she was actually separating the gummies when she noticed something similar to metal shavings.

“My husband told me to take a magnet and see if it sticks and sure enough, the magnet actually picked them up,” Andersen told.

She said that her daughter aged 3 years, had been taking the vitamins for 2 months.

“I fed these to her and now I am feeling like I have actually failed. It’s terrible that this metal has been found in her stomach,” she told.

An X-ray clearly showed that there were some metal pieces in her intestines, but not a huge amount.

“The FDA is aware and presently conducting investigation of the complaint,” told a spokesperson.

Anderson said that she contacted Zarbee’s, which actually offered her coupons.

“Food is produced on a large scale these days and metal machines are bound to break apart and I guess in this process pieces will fall into the production line, but there should be people or tools for catching those things,” Andersen said.

About the author

Alina

Alina is one among the oldest contributors of New Day Live with a particularly unique perspective with regards to latest events in the U.S. She also aims to empower the readers with delivery of apt factual analysis of various news pieces in Business Niche.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment